Thursday, May 02, 2013

:: Farmer's Wife set 6

Are you getting tired of these Farmer's Wife posts yet?  I hope not, but if so, feel free to just skip over them.  I won't be offended.  I'm enjoying making these so much, I just have to show you.  These next set of 10 remind me of the TV show Parenthood.  Probably because we began watching from the very first season while I was cutting out these blocks. 
 
My 8-year-old boy Jack says he and I are alike:  "You love sewing and I love building legos because they are both like putting together a puzzle."  He says it's because we have the same "jeans".  =)  Man I don't want these sweet, innocent days of parenting to end.  Some days it feels like it's gonna be forever.  Like the hours in the day drag by.  Like they will never be able to open the car door, or do their own hair, or clean up the mess they made. 
But when I stop to look and truly appreciate the wonderful things about young children (12 mos - 8 yrs) there is so much to love.  Mostly, that they laugh so easily and love so unconditionally.  They think I'm beautiful when I've just woken up, my hair looks like snakes, and I have absolutely no help from makeup.  They say I smell good even when I haven't showered for 2 days.  They give the best hugs and show so much enthusiasm about little things.  The baby's skin smells so sweet.  Being a Mom and sewing - definitely two of my Top 5 Favorite things in life.
But where was I?  Oh yes - back to these next 10 blocks...
Block 47 - Homemaker
Block 54 - Kitchen Woodbox
Block 48 - Homeward Bound

Block 38 - Four Winds
Block 41 - Friendship Star
Block 106 - Wild Rose & Square
Block 39 - Friendship
Block 32 - Farmer's Daughter
Block 104 - Wild Geese
Block 102 - Whirlpool
So that's about it.  A little sewing, a little mothering - it's my life.  And I am humbled by God's blessings.




1 comment:

  1. Great post. And I particularly love the color schemes of this set of blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...