Thursday, May 09, 2013

:: Lemon Bundt Cake

I made this lemon bundt cake for my son's 4-H shooting potluck this week, and realized I HAD to share it.  I have the best readers.  Really.  Friends I know and ladies I have never met have written some very sweet comments and emails.  And I just want to say thanks.  It means so much to me that you take the time to say those things.
So today I'm sharing a recipe with you that a lady shared with me awhile back after I literally BEGGED her (yes I did) for the recipe.  Not only does it look beautiful, it is fast, easy, and incredibly moist.  I make this a lot when I need to take food for an event or potluck.  And guaranteed, you will be asked for the recipe.
The pudding and applesauce in this cake make it melt-in-your-mouth moist, while the lemon makes is fresh.  And to mellow it all out, the cream-cheese frosting leaves you (and everyone else) coming back for more.  I usually try to keep these ingredients in my pantry, so I can easily make it at the last minute.  Just be prepared to be crowned the hero.  =)
LEMON BUNDT CAKE:
1 package Lemon Cake Mix
1 instant Lemon Pudding mix (regular size)
3 eggs
1/2 c. applesauce (I keep the individual snack size ones in my pantry - they are 1/2 c servings!)
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water
FROSTING:
4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 T. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
a little milk - just enough till it's still a very thick consistency
 
Mix all cake ingredients together till mostly smooth.  Grease and flour a bundt cake pan* (see my tip at the bottom).  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.  Try to not over-cook this.  Flip out onto a wire rack to cool.  Once completely cooled, mix frosting (with electric mixer or Kitchen-Aid) till smooth.  Spoon over cake and let it flow over the edges.  Enjoy it (and I'm sorry!)
 
*My tip: use the Non-stick Baking Spray that has flour in it too.  Spray your pan really good, and your cake will flip out perfectly every time - no sticking!) 

 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously it's this easy? Can't wait to make it myself, I already know how stinkin good it is. Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...