Wednesday, January 23, 2013

:: Dresses for the girls (Handmade - part 3)

 
Right before Christmas, I got the idea to make up dresses for each of my 3 girls and my niece, Alaina.(but I gave hers to her before I got a picture!)  The pattern I used (McCalls 6311) was one I had bought this past summer at Hobby Lobby when it was on sale for $.99, and never got around to using. 
And boy do my little ladies love dresses.  Not only for the feminine aspect (such as twirling), but dresses are much more comfortable on chubby bodies than stiff jeans.  In the winter they layer them over a long-sleeved shirt and leggings, which also looks adorable.
 
For Hannah and Audrey's, I put gathering in at the waist.
 
 
 
 I changed it up for the older girls, and put pleats in Ellie's (and Alaina's - not shown).
 
 
 
Come summer, I bet I will be using this pattern again.  =)
 
L to R: Hannah, Audrey & Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...