Tuesday, October 23, 2012

:: Shower time

Last weekend I hosted a baby shower for one of my little sisters.  She is having her first baby,
which made it extra-special.
 
 

I was so excited to make tissue paper pom-poms from these directions from Martha Stewart.  I've always loved that woman. =)
And the paper garlands were easy.    I saw this picture, and knew I had to make some.  I used a hole-punch, then sewed them all together, using a long stitch on my sewing machine.  Acctually, my 5-year-old daughter really enjoyed sewing them...and many more.  Now her room is adorned with brightly colored construction-paper garlands.  It's like confetti-on-a-string.  I love it.
 
Blaize & Axel.  Cousins are the best kind of friends.  =)
 
 
The food was scrumptious.  Mini pumpkin muffins, salted nuts, mini cheesecakes, chexmix, and my sister Cara's absolutely best chocolate cake (not pictured here) heaped with berries of all kinds, drizzled with more chocolate.  Did I ever mention I LOVE chocolate?  It makes me happy.  True thing.
 


 
 

These mini-cheesecakes were divine!  And so easy. I found the recipe here.

(Thank you, Mimi, for the wonderful lanterns!)

 
 
 
Us ladies enjoyed having a night with each other, our babies and daughters.  She got some thoughtful gifts.  All-in-all, it was a wonderful night.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot get the link for the mini cheese cakes to work. Would you be willing to send me the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...