Thursday, March 27, 2014

:: A quilt for a very special cause

I recently made this Baby/lap quilt out of my Arcadia scraps from the Square One quilt I made awhile back. 
I donated it to a special auction on Instagram that @CraftersForCourage organized to raise funds for CourageWorldwide.  They were raising money for Courage House - a home for minor girls rescued from sex trafficking.  They desperately need fund in order to help more girls, and it was such a special thing to be part of.
Quite a few people donated handmade items, there were many generous bids, and over $5600 was raised for Courage House.  The very sweet Theresa (@luckyhanks) placed the winning bid on this quilt, and it was sent off to her a few days later.   And now it's freshly washed, crinkled and put to good use in it's new home.

Quilt Info:
Pattern - "Square One" out of Camille Roskelley's book Simplify
Fabric - Arcadia and some Moda Bella cream
Backing and Binding fabric: JoAnn Fabrics

3 comments:

  1. Julia, I wish I knew about this fundraiser sooner so that I could have contributed as well. Sex trafficking of children is the darkest evil on this Earth, so terrible that no one wants to think about it or talk about it, and it's hard to know what just one ordinary person could do to help. Was this just a one-time thing, or is Crafters for Courage an ongoing effort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca,
      sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I wasn't sure if Crafters For Courage was going to do another auction, but I just got word that they are going to have another auction on May 19th, and the deadline to get them a photo of your item is May 15th. If you'd like more info, you can email them your questions at craftersforcourage@hotmail.com Or you can find them on Instagram @craftersforcourage. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Rebecca. Sex trafficking is really a gruesome activity. It’s depressing to know that there are people who engage in this and innocent children have to suffer for their transgressions. I wish the organization would do another auction or program that would draw more participants. Any kind of assistance, big or small, will definitely be of great help.

    Norman Watkins @ Giving Works

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...